It was 50 years ago today.
Wir Munchen Liebschoen
2017-06-10 14:59:16 UTC

"Cold Sweat" is a song performed by James Brown and written with his bandleader Alfred "Pee Wee" Ellis. Brown recorded it in May 1967. An edited
Thanks. I listened to about half of this song and it's not bad.
Please don't tell us that you never heard it before.
You had to have known that most of us, including me, have never
heard the song before, or you wouldn't have wasted time posting
such detailed information about the song.
The record was a top 10 national pop chart hit in 1967. Everybody over the age of 60 should know it well.
I posted the detailed info so people would understand why it was the most revolutionary record of 1967.
Jeffie would claim he never heard Mary Had A Little Lamb if it would get
him attention.
marcus60s
2017-06-10 17:29:24 UTC
Post by Wir Munchen Liebschoen
http://youtu.be/lymfwOp4pzM
"Cold Sweat" is a song performed by James Brown and written with his bandleader Alfred "Pee Wee" Ellis. Brown recorded it in May 1967. An edited
Thanks. I listened to about half of this song and it's not bad.
Please don't tell us that you never heard it before.
You had to have known that most of us, including me, have never
heard the song before, or you wouldn't have wasted time posting
such detailed information about the song.
The record was a top 10 national pop chart hit in 1967. Everybody over the age of 60 should know it well.
I posted the detailed info so people would understand why it was the most revolutionary record of 1967.
Jeffie would claim he never heard Mary Had A Little Lamb if it would get
him attention.
Why do you cross-post?

Are you so insecure that you need to see your nym on many newsgroups?

Even on Newsgroups that never saw the OP and others that followed?

Wait a minute...I do know the answer to the above questions.

Nevermind
Tim
That's "Nevermind" coming from Never Never Land. :)
marcus60s
Did Jackson sing that?
Wir Munchen Liebschoen
2017-06-12 12:18:34 UTC
Post by marcus60s
[...]
Hey dickhead, you crosspost too. Your libtard fantasies are in every
fucking newsgroup. You might modify a few words here and there but the
same thing is written in every group. From your wet dreams about Trump
and the Beatles to your shilling for your book.
Wir Munchen Liebschoen
2017-06-14 08:50:12 UTC
Post by marcus60s
[...]
Yeah, Marcus is so important. That's what you're accomplishing is
making him important with your put-downs. As I told Danny, he shouldn't
be concerned about who doesn't like his music. Controversy causes people
to check things out such as Marcus' book, Danny's music, Justin Bieber,
Taylor Swift, etc, etc.
I'd imagine Marcus's book and Justin Bieber do deserve one another .. sitting side by side, atop a library's >dumpster.
And Jeffie right there telling the garbage collectors he's already read
57 million pages of Mucus' book, watched 46.5 million Justin Bieber
videos and listened to 120 million hours of Danny busking.

All whilst in the hospital dying for the 89th time because his liver
fell out when his Volkswagen went over a bump in Wichita.
Wir Munchen Liebschoen
2017-06-13 19:27:10 UTC
I had to go to youtube to refresh my memory. After two seconds I
remembered it. But considering their entire catalog, you can be
forgiven for forgetting that song. It's not very memorable.
I remember most of the Rascal's other hits on the radio, but you're
right that "A Girl Like You" is missing a little something that their
best songs had.
My Rascals story: I went to a summer camp when I was about 12 or 13,
and in our cabin someone rigged up an auto 8-track player hooked up to
a car battery. We had only about 3 tapes and they got played a lot. The
two I remember were Rolling Stones "Satanic Majesties Request" and
Rascals "Time Peace". I later bought the "Time Peace" LP and I still
have it. I just looked, and lo and behold, "A Girl Like You" is on it!
I played it, and yes, I remember it, but I guess it's just not a song
that moves my malleus, incites my incus or sticks to my stapes.
Honestly when I first saw the song on Eric's list, I thought of
the Troggs.

I don't remember that one! Not sure if I ever heard another Troggs song
besides the obvious one.
You don't remember this one?

Very big around the time I graduated from high school.
I saw the Troggs sing the above, and of course, "Wild Thing", about 20 years later.
That's a good song. I had no idea it was the Troggs.
No surprise there.
Wir Munchen Liebschoen
2017-06-14 08:52:02 UTC
the Troggs. http://youtu.be/3bCGacIl2f0
http://youtu.be/WO6glz0wpmo
Very big around the time I graduated from high school.
I saw the Troggs sing the above, and of course, "Wild Thing", about 20 years later.
That's a good song. I had no idea it was the Troggs.
No surprise there.
Yes, I'm very stupid not to know the name of a band who releases
a new single, and especially after 50 years.
It would have been more succinct if you just stopped your sentence after
the word stupid.