Need name of song & performer please
a***@hotmail.com
2018-03-29 08:40:57 UTC
I heard this song from the 60s on the radio back in 1985. I didn't get to hear the name of the singer or the name of the song,but I think it may have been by Lou Christie or Brian Hyland. I remember the female chorus saying something like this:

'And the cheater gets high,the cheater gets low now
The woman wants me 'cause I love her so now
Oh baby don't fight 'cause all tonight
belongs to me!'

I think thats how it went.

If anyone knows the name of the singer & song,please reply. I've been wondering about it for the past 30 years.

Thanks.

Andrew Kieswetter
The Bloomfield Bloviator
2018-05-17 04:26:48 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
'And the cheater gets high,the cheater gets low now
The woman wants me 'cause I love her so now
Oh baby don't fight 'cause all tonight
belongs to me!'
I think thats how it went.
If anyone knows the name of the singer & song,please reply. I've been wondering about it for the past 30 years.
Thanks.
Andrew Kieswetter
The words are off a lot, but it's probably this:

d***@gmail.com
2018-05-17 09:50:17 UTC
Post by The Bloomfield Bloviator
Post by a***@hotmail.com
'And the cheater gets high,the cheater gets low now
The woman wants me 'cause I love her so now
Oh baby don't fight 'cause all tonight
belongs to me!'
I think thats how it went.
If anyone knows the name of the singer & song,please reply. I've been wondering about it for the past 30 years.
Thanks.
Andrew Kieswetter
http://youtu.be/RnQ9bTj8gog
That's it! Although it wasn't the Grass Roots version I remember hearing. Thank you for solving a 30 year old mystery.

Again Thanks.

Andrew Kieswetter
BobbyM
2018-05-17 10:11:51 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
'And the cheater gets high,the cheater gets low now
The woman wants me 'cause I love her so now
Oh baby don't fight 'cause all tonight
belongs to me!'
I think thats how it went.
If anyone knows the name of the singer & song,please reply. I've been wondering about it for the past 30 years.
Thanks.
Andrew Kieswetter
http://youtu.be/RnQ9bTj8gog
That's it! Although it wasn't the Grass Roots version I remember hearing. Thank you for solving a 30 year old mystery.
Again Thanks.
Andrew Kieswetter
Then it's probably this one by the Forum, released in '66 but saw a
re-release in 1967 around the same time as their album.

Kudos to Bruce for figuring out this was the song, with little to go on
but the far-off lyrics.
d***@gmail.com
2018-05-17 14:58:11 UTC
http://youtu.be/mYyp5bIw3rE
Kudos to Bruce for figuring out this was the song, with little to go on
but the far-off lyrics.
Yes,the Forum's version was the one I remember hearing on the radio.

Thanks Everyone.

Andrew Kieswetter