Tom Petty
marcus60s
2017-10-02 20:07:24 UTC
Reports, unconfirmed, that Petty died this afternoon. If true, very tragic. what made (hate to use past tense) him unique is that he was from the younger end of the generation giving us The Beatles and the 60s music revolution and he took the influences from that time (Dylan, Byrds, Beatles), used them, and made it into a music of his own. I remember the first time I heard "Refugee", it was during the Disco era, and the guitar and harmonies were so Sixties, so good...such a relief from the crap music of the late 70s. I have most of his albums
Jake D Jude
2017-10-02 21:55:23 UTC
Post by marcus60s
Reports, unconfirmed, that Petty died this afternoon. If true, very tragic. what made (hate to use past tense) him unique is that he was from the younger end of the generation giving us The Beatles and the 60s music revolution and he took the influences from that time (Dylan, Byrds, Beatles), used them, and made it into a music of his own. I remember the first time I heard "Refugee", it was during the Disco era, and the guitar and harmonies were so Sixties, so good...such a relief from the crap music of the late 70s. I have most of his albums
Nobody gives a fuck about what you think, twatlee.

Nobody gives a fuck about how many of his albums you have either, jerkoff.

And he's not dead, yet, assmunch.
Jake D Jude
2017-10-04 19:06:36 UTC
Post by Jake D Jude
Post by marcus60s
Reports, unconfirmed, that Petty died this afternoon. If true, very tragic. what made (hate to use past tense) him unique is that he was from the younger end of the generation giving us The Beatles and the 60s music revolution and he took the influences from that time (Dylan, Byrds, Beatles), used them, and made it into a music of his own. I remember the first time I heard "Refugee", it was during the Disco era, and the guitar and harmonies were so Sixties, so good...such a relief from the crap music of the late 70s. I have most of his albums
Nobody gives a fuck about what you think, twatlee.
Nobody gives a fuck about how many of his albums you have either, jerkoff.
And he's not dead, yet, assmunch.
Well, Petty, will be remembered for his contributions to music and making people happy.
What will you be remembered for...you're only a useless Usenet troll who leaves his stink with every post you make.
You nailed it, Marcus.
And Pickering nails you every night right in your starfish, faggot.
Your homophobic aka closeted homoerotic fantasy is noted... you do know that your ilk is easily spotted, right?
Sounds like you're looking for a day, salami smuggler. That's why you
keep buttering up Stevie Peckering's bunghole all the time.

Wir Munchen Liebschoen
2017-10-03 10:04:52 UTC
Post by marcus60s
Reports, unconfirmed, that Petty died this afternoon. If true, very tragic.
what made (hate to use past tense) him unique is that he was from the
younger end of the generation giving us The Beatles and the 60s music
revolution and he took the influences from that time (Dylan, Byrds,
Beatles), used them, and made it into a music of his own. I remember the
first time I heard "Refugee", it was during the Disco era, and the guitar
and harmonies were so Sixties, so good...such a relief from the crap music
of the late 70s. I have most of his albums
t's been confirmed, what a shame.
Can't say I'm that crazy about anything he did after 1994's Wildflowers
but he made several fine albums in the 1980s/early '90s and of course
Damn the Torpedoes is one of the greatest rock albums of all time
("bedrock" as Rolling Stone once put it).
1. Damn the Torpedoes
2. Long After Dark
3. Wildflowers
4. Into the Great Wide Open
5. Hard Promises
6. Full Moon Fever
(Probably get some flack for rating FMF so low but the big hits, "Free
Fallin'" and "I Won't Back Down," just wear on me, and the entire
"second side" is pretty weak -- I think I remember reading Petty saying
he didn't like the second side of that album himself.)
Of course there are some real gems on all the other albums, I should
download them and burn them to a single disc.
I see Paul and Ringo have already tweeted their condolences.
Thanks so much for posting your album rankings. It would have been
impossible to fully appreciate the work of Tom Petty without them.