Johnny Price sings about pot
weary flake
2017-06-03 21:22:14 UTC
Johnny Price sounds a lot like Johnny Cash but
is better because while Cash is pro-drug Price
is anti-drug; his song Marijuana, The Devil Flower:

but consider that Price might actually be Cash
himself, having to sing under a pseudonym to
avoid persecution by pot advocates!
BobbyM
2017-06-04 03:09:44 UTC
http://youtu.be/IP_diSp2fhU
but consider that Price might actually be Cash
himself, having to sing under a pseudonym to
avoid persecution by pot advocates!
I don't know who he is but he's not half the singer that Johnny Cash is.
Sounds closer to Johnny Sea, although Sea didn't sing off-key.
Scott Dorsey
2017-06-04 12:21:54 UTC
Post by BobbyM
Post by weary flake
Johnny Price sounds a lot like Johnny Cash but
is better because while Cash is pro-drug Price
http://youtu.be/IP_diSp2fhU
but consider that Price might actually be Cash
himself, having to sing under a pseudonym to
avoid persecution by pot advocates!
I don't know who he is but he's not half the singer that Johnny Cash is.
Sounds closer to Johnny Sea, although Sea didn't sing off-key.
I don't know who he is either, but he's covering a country song from the
early 1950s which was not exactly the most enlightened era regarding marijuana
in the US. Our local college station has a 78 of that one which is probably
more popular now than when it came out.

I also don't think you can count Johnny Cash as pro-drug, what with having
done songs like "Cocaine Blues."
--scott
BobbyM
OTOH, he had several arrests in the mid 60s associated with his addiction to pills, the most famous one when he was caught coming across the border in El Paso with a bunch of amphetamines and tranquilizers.
Michael Black
2017-06-05 17:24:43 UTC
Post by BobbyM
Post by Scott Dorsey
Post by BobbyM
Post by weary flake
[...]
But, he never did time, just overnight until he was released. I know I
always had the impression, until I read his autobiography, that he must
have done time, all those performances in prisons.

Michael
j***@netscape.net
2017-06-04 22:49:14 UTC
Post by BobbyM
Post by weary flake
Johnny Price sounds a lot like Johnny Cash but
is better because while Cash is pro-drug Price
http://youtu.be/IP_diSp2fhU
but consider that Price might actually be Cash
himself, having to sing under a pseudonym to
avoid persecution by pot advocates!
I don't know who he is but he's not half the singer that Johnny Cash is.
Sounds closer to Johnny Sea, although Sea didn't sing off-key.
It was Johnny Cash Price, full name!...

http://www.musicstack.com/priceguide/johnny+cash

Uni :-)
BobbyM
2017-06-05 11:13:56 UTC
Post by j***@netscape.net
Post by BobbyM
Post by weary flake
Johnny Price sounds a lot like Johnny Cash but
is better because while Cash is pro-drug Price
http://youtu.be/IP_diSp2fhU
but consider that Price might actually be Cash
himself, having to sing under a pseudonym to
avoid persecution by pot advocates!
I don't know who he is but he's not half the singer that Johnny Cash is.
Sounds closer to Johnny Sea, although Sea didn't sing off-key.
It was Johnny Cash Price, full name!...
http://www.musicstack.com/priceguide/johnny+cash
Out of the mouth of babes & SFB comes a lot of gibberish. Johnny Price
was probably a fictitious name - a lot of Cash imitators did it - the
more famous being Johnny Paycheck, Johnny Sea/Seay.

I think the record carries the joke a little further by listing the
writer as R.J. Price to coincide with Cash's birth name which was J.R.
Cash; he didn't change his name to Johnny until many years later.
j***@netscape.net

Tim
2017-06-06 17:57:19 UTC
Post by weary flake
Johnny Price sounds a lot like Johnny Cash but
is better because while Cash is pro-drug Price
http://youtu.be/IP_diSp2fhU
but consider that Price might actually be Cash
himself, having to sing under a pseudonym to
avoid persecution by pot advocates!
Reefer Madness gonna get you!! - gonna knock you right in your head. Yeah right :)

j***@netscape.net
2017-06-06 19:55:03 UTC
Post by Tim
Post by weary flake
Johnny Price sounds a lot like Johnny Cash but
is better because while Cash is pro-drug Price
http://youtu.be/IP_diSp2fhU
but consider that Price might actually be Cash
himself, having to sing under a pseudonym to
avoid persecution by pot advocates!
Reefer Madness gonna get you!! - gonna knock you right in your head. Yeah right :)
http://youtu.be/sbjHOBJzhb0
Great aphrodisiac!!!!

Uni :-)