"Elusive Butterfly" by Bob Lind (#5, 1966), STEREO
News
2015-01-05 11:18:15 UTC
Sing it, Bob!

"Elusive Butterfly" by Bob Lind (#5, 1966), born on Nov. 25, 1942; now 72.

"Lind retired from the music business in 1969 to pursue other interests. In
more recent years he has resided in Florida and works as a writer. He is the
author of five novels, and has written for such supermarket tabloids as the
Weekly World News and the Sun."

COMMENTERS:

"love this song, and we will never hear the likes of it again, instead we
have to listen to the likes of Miley twerk Cyrus, god help us all?"

"I find this a most haunting kind of song. I think not one many remember.?"

"I believe one of my all time favorite song(s). good memories?"

"One of mine too!! The lyrics and orchestration are "BEAUTIFUL" and
were ahead of it's time for 1966..." [reply]

"A hauntingly beautiful song from the 60's. The audio is so good.
Chasing the "The Elusive Butterfly of Love" means more to me now."

---

One of my favorite songs in that magical year of 1966!
Uni
2015-01-05 11:24:27 UTC
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
"Elusive Butterfly" by Bob Lind (#5, 1966), born on Nov. 25, 1942; now 72.
"Lind retired from the music business in 1969 to pursue other interests. In
more recent years he has resided in Florida and works as a writer. He is the
author of five novels, and has written for such supermarket tabloids as the
Weekly World News and the Sun."
"love this song, and we will never hear the likes of it again, instead we
have to listen to the likes of Miley twerk Cyrus, god help us all?"
"I find this a most haunting kind of song. I think not one many remember.?"
"I believe one of my all time favorite song(s). good memories?"
"One of mine too!! The lyrics and orchestration are "BEAUTIFUL" and
were ahead of it's time for 1966..." [reply]
"A hauntingly beautiful song from the 60's. The audio is so good.
Chasing the "The Elusive Butterfly of Love" means more to me now."
"If it's stereo, it must be good!!"

Uni :-)
Post by News
---
One of my favorite songs in that magical year of 1966!
hislop
2015-01-05 16:13:26 UTC
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
"Elusive Butterfly" by Bob Lind (#5, 1966), born on Nov. 25, 1942; now 72.
"Lind retired from the music business in 1969 to pursue other interests.
In more recent years he has resided in Florida and works as a writer. He
is the author of five novels, and has written for such supermarket
tabloids as the Weekly World News and the Sun."
"love this song, and we will never hear the likes of it again, instead
we have to listen to the likes of Miley twerk Cyrus, god help us all?"
She has to make a living. As long as she cuts down on the digital
faking, she would be listenable.
Post by News
"I find this a most haunting kind of song. I think not one many remember.?"
"I believe one of my all time favorite song(s). good memories?"
"One of mine too!! The lyrics and orchestration are "BEAUTIFUL"
and were ahead of it's time for 1966..." [reply]
Too much of 'ahead of its time', 'behind its time' for some music too.
They were perfectly able in their time.
The song does something to my brain. He was briefly in The Turtles?
Uni
2015-01-05 19:06:11 UTC
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
And Bob responds to e-mail!! Good guy!...

Thanks John.
Stay tuned to ACE for my upcoming CD FINDING YOU AGAIN, due out on Sept. 24.
http://boblind.com/merch/
Yers,
Bob Lind
www.boblind.com
Walkie Wawtmire
2015-01-09 07:18:38 UTC
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
It's easily one of the top 10 of the decade, if not one of
the top five. Gots to dig out my sixties' 45s, all of which
are jacketed and in good condition.

It might very well be the numero uno of the 1960s.
"Two Faces Have I" can give it a run.
Uni
2015-01-09 17:08:24 UTC
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
True, both counts. Sadly, it's a bit too Adult Contemporary sounding, seldom heard on radio, these days!! Was nice to find on Ace (UK) CD in stereophonic sound!!

Uni :-)
Walkie Wawtmire
2015-01-13 05:34:04 UTC
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
Never thought of it as AC. Commercial radio remains a toxic mix
of everything that is wrong with radio today.

Corporate Radio is more lethal than ever.
Uni
2015-01-13 22:59:16 UTC
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
This is current radio, especially those who play PAST music. You hire people who don't give a damn about music, and have them parade around like radio is better than ever. I heave heard "them" claim "it's the best job I have had!". I know better. Radio is owned by those who "push" LGBT stuff, shove it down the listeners throats. Unrelated to radio, but at Huffington Post, I wrote something negative about gay marriage, nothing foul, no explanation points, but two seconds later Huffington beheaded my account faster than Isis!! Sadly, America is filled with a lot of "bad" people who have the resources to promote THEIR agenda!!!

To me, Adult Contemporary is music than doesn't focus on electric guitars. For example, the group, "Bread" is seldom heard (around here), or even Herb Albert. Some tell me, I think Tim posted a link where I initially discovered it, but a seasoned person in radio (Dave Scott) told me they (a service) gathers people to "judge" music, and their output (grading past and new songs) is when is heard on radio, but I'm not so quick to agree with that 100%.

I no longer believe Radio is popularity graded by Arbitron. Arbitron saw the writing on the wall and sold off to Nielsen. I do believe radio entices listeners to "sign-up" to the websites, to gain rewards and money, and that data is what is used to gather paying advertisers! Sadly, in this new world, I have to listen to cockroach services like GEICO everywhere I go.

Everyone wants to be the "new" Billboard Magazine, iTunes, iHeart", Amazon, you name it, since the US decayed from manufacturing.

Sorry for rambling.

Uni
Walkie Wawtmire
2015-01-15 06:10:50 UTC
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
That's quite a stretch, linking LGBT causes and the mighty Corpocracy.
LGBT community has few numbers compared to the more than 120,000,000+
Spanish population in the U.S., which will soon be the majority here.

There are already more Spanish children in our schools than any other
segment. The Mighty and Rich have decided our destiny but there are
those who want to scapegoat the gays, the peace-people etc.

Oh, and we Animal Right-ists are still considered the "number one
domestic terrorist threat.." here. It's not MS-13, the Cuban Mafia,
the Puerto Rican Mafia, Los Zetas, Crips or Bloods. It's I.
Walkie Wawtmire
2015-01-15 08:25:31 UTC
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
Nor is it the Moslem horde, whose numbers have swelled since 9/11.

See, in the U.S., when one shopping center closes, we build another.
When a 9/11 hits us, we invite more 'moderate' elements to cross
the borders. Maybe these metaphysically, sociopathic, faux realities
make sense to the preacher crowd, but they do not to anyone else.
Uni
2015-01-15 13:21:27 UTC
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
I hear you, Walkie!!! I only report what I hear (and see) being broadcasted!! Have no problem with gays. However, activist and Zionist who wish to destroy American use the media to push their agenda. You always hear, "Think about the children". However, I gather, many Supreme Court judges don't give a rat's behind about children, as they quickly pass laws to legalize same sex marriage. This is where I admire, Vladimir Putin, of Russia, he does not want the propaganda in his country, (adults) corrupting the minds of children. Would love to shake his hand.

Good to hear you're in support of animals. They deserve it!!

Uni :-)
BobbyM
2015-01-15 22:18:11 UTC
Post by Uni
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 12:34:05 AM UTC-5, Walkie
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 2:18:39 AM UTC-5, Walkie
On Monday, January 5, 2015 at 6:18:21 AM UTC-5, News
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY "Elusive
[...]
I commend you for consistently digging yourself into a deeper when you
think you're clawing your way out.
Uni
2015-01-16 13:42:14 UTC
Post by BobbyM
Post by News
[...]
"Good point, Ken!"

A slurpee party!!

Uni :-)
Tim
2015-01-13 13:15:36 UTC
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
Your methodology for prioritizing your top 60's songs boggles my British Invasion slanted mind.
Walkie Wawtmire
2015-01-13 22:00:34 UTC
Post by Tim
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
Is it still raining where you are?
Tim
2015-01-14 03:36:07 UTC
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by Tim
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
Could be? There's no windows here at the home for the disenfranchised. And Nurse Ratchet usually lies when asked about the weather.
News
2015-01-19 00:15:51 UTC
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
I wouldn't put TFHI (#6, Mar. 1963) at the top of the 1960s
listing of Best Songs, but it certainly was unusual, and I remember it with
great fondness, as I do all those other great songs from that year and
early'60s era.
Very similar to Frankie Valli's falsetto greatness who
inspired Lou Christie (b. Feb. 1943, then 20, now 71), however, so I give
him credit for his outstanding three-octave range, and he also co-wrote the
song with his longtime collaborator, Twyla Herbert (1921-2009).

Walkie Wawtmire
2015-01-19 06:56:19 UTC
Post by News
Post by Walkie Wawtmire
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
[...]
http://youtu.be/w05w1XbZTG8
Where do you stand on "In Dreams" by Roy O as the best OTD?
Top tens are key, esp. numero uno, n'est ce pas?
Uni
2015-01-15 00:11:45 UTC
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
"Elusive Butterfly" by Bob Lind (#5, 1966), born on Nov. 25, 1942; now 72.
"Lind retired from the music business in 1969 to pursue other interests. In
more recent years he has resided in Florida and works as a writer. He is the
author of five novels, and has written for such supermarket tabloids as the
Weekly World News and the Sun."
"love this song, and we will never hear the likes of it again, instead we
have to listen to the likes of Miley twerk Cyrus, god help us all?"
-- She's an air-head, no doubt, but, man, her breasts are nice!!!

Uni - Timified :-)
Tim
2015-01-20 04:23:29 UTC
Post by Uni
Post by News
Sing it, Bob!
http://youtu.be/v6727qgmRbY
"Elusive Butterfly" by Bob Lind (#5, 1966), born on Nov. 25, 1942; now 72.
"Lind retired from the music business in 1969 to pursue other interests. In
more recent years he has resided in Florida and works as a writer. He is the
author of five novels, and has written for such supermarket tabloids as the
Weekly World News and the Sun."
"love this song, and we will never hear the likes of it again, instead we
have to listen to the likes of Miley twerk Cyrus, god help us all?"
-- She's an air-head, no doubt, but, man, her breasts are nice!!!
Uni - Timified :-)
Thanks for the heads up. I'll make google my friend, when I find the time, and give them a cheap peek. :)