Emmys In Memoriam: left out
Jake D Jude
2017-09-21 17:20:32 UTC
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:43:29 -0700 (PDT), marcus
I've been watching it too. Just finished season 6. I don't like when she moved to the new apartment. But I like how they seemlessly moved into new cast members Betty White and Georgia Engel after Harper and Leachman left.
I always enjoyed her show, but I never thought she was brilliant. MTM was one of the better "work place" sitcoms. However, M*A*S*H was better. Actually, I liked Mary better as Laura Petrie than I did as Mary Richards.
M*A*S*H went on about 5 seasons too long IMO, but in it's first 3-4 seasons it was brilliant. The Mary Tyler Moore show, I think, quit at just the right time, just as the Dick Van Dyke show before it did. Seven seasons is, with few exceptions, about the right length for a sitcom, IMO. After that, it seems after that many episodes (150 or so) they've just about explored every possible comedic scenario concerning the characters and the show begins to get stale.
I agree with you about the 7 seasons theory most of the time, but M*A*S*H was the exception.
It was hilarious every time Hawkeye sexually harassed the nurses (well,
except for the fat minority one) and insulted the private who served him
his meals. Or at least the recorded laughter made it sound hilarious.
What recorded laughter?
What a jerkoff you are. One of your favorite shows of all time and you
don't know there is a laugh track?

Fucking imbecile.
Jake D Jude
2017-09-21 17:25:37 UTC
[...]
Spot on. The show got preachy when Burns, Trapper and Col. Blake left.
Then Alda took over with his beard BJ Honeycunt and turned into a
libtard pulpit with no sense of humor.

They tried to portray it as a realistic example of military life in the
Korean War. Anyone who pulled the shit Hawkeye did would have wound up
in Leavenworth Prison with a dishonorable discharge doing 20 years of
hard labor.

But scumbags like Marcus would not know that. They live in libtwat
fantasy world.
Jake D Jude
2017-09-21 17:29:30 UTC
[...]
You thought it was a libtwat church service. You took it so seriously
you didn't even notice it had a laugh track. Moron.
Jake D Jude
2017-09-21 22:33:09 UTC
However, the reason I didn't realize that there was a laugh track was because my own laughter drowned it out.
Holy shit that was about the dumbest, most ludicrous statement you ever
uttered you fucking moron.

It's just incredible how you think that kind of bullshit will be bought
by anyone outside your cadre of your fellow leftard morons in your
re-education camp in Pyongyang this past summer.
unknown
2017-09-22 18:10:31 UTC
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 18:33:09 -0400, Jake D Jude
Post by Jake D Jude
However, the reason I didn't realize that there was a laugh track was because my own laughter drowned it out.
Holy shit that was about the dumbest, most ludicrous statement you ever
uttered you fucking moron.
I never found MASH nor Alda to be funny. Alda had this smug "look at
me aren't I witty" attitude.
j***@netscape.net
2017-09-22 18:52:33 UTC
Post by Jake D Jude
It's just incredible how you think that kind of bullshit will be bought
by anyone outside your cadre of your fellow leftard morons in your
re-education camp in Pyongyang this past summer.
MASH gets on my nerves. Agreed, not funny!

Uni