The New Zombies Stereo!
Uni
2016-10-24 02:10:29 UTC
Everyone knows the story behind the Stereo mix, first released but missing a portion of the Mono drummer's overdubbing. Original drummer asked to replace, for a more accurate reproduction. That was yesterday, but now...

The Zombies - She's Not There (1964) Stereo. As I mentioned elsewhere, I desire to hear something new of past favorites. I remixed these six multi-tracks differently, in Stereo, to separate backing vocals, to give it a different sound. May be muffled lead vocals. I've included everything, even the bazaar (studio?) opening down to the ending high-hat tap. Felt they did a poor job replacing the drum portion (to match Mono mix content), since the mounted drum tom-tom should be noticeable during the bridge! It is heard in the isolated drum track, but too faint...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/images/shesnotthere-rm.mp3

Uni :-)
weary flake
2016-10-24 04:26:46 UTC
Post by Uni
[...]
I didn't listen. I prefer original mixes, as flat and authentic
as possible. For the four CD set Zombies in Stereo there are
three stereo versions of She's Not There: the original stereo as
released, the original fake stereo as released, and the remix
from 2002 from the mastertapes. I haven't listened to those
either, yet.
weary flake
2016-10-24 05:34:15 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by Uni
[...]
What I just said isn't true. There are no remixes from
the master tapes on She's Not There on the stereo set, or so
I gather by reading reviews.
Uni
2016-10-24 05:39:47 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
Post by Uni
[...]
Well, you did hear one of the first Stereo mixes, it was missing drum overdubbing. Have no problem with the "official" or "corrected" stereo mix, just wanted to hear it mixed differently, that's all.

Thanks for the feedback!

Uni
weary flake
2017-06-01 02:22:49 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
Post by Uni
[...]
I should mention that this Zombies 4CD in stereo set is on
the Repertoire label, which has become a bad label: Repertoire
issues from 1998 and before are OK but from 1999 to the present
Repertoires have compression added to them making them sound
weak. I have older and newer Repertoires of the same music and
it's clear that 1999 to now Repertoires weaken the music by
suppressing the peaks.
j***@netscape.net
2017-06-01 15:28:55 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
Post by Uni
[...]
I see!
Good news, Repertoire does respond to audio quality issues. Not that they can fix what already exists, but still!

Uni
weary flake
2017-06-03 21:27:13 UTC
Post by j***@netscape.net
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
Post by Uni
[...]
Your conclusion is the opposite of mine. I say the older Repertoires
from 1998 and before are better while the newer Repertoires from 1999
to now are worse.
j***@netscape.net
2017-06-04 00:45:17 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by j***@netscape.net
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
Post by Uni
[...]
Actually, I do agree with you.

Uni

Nil
2016-10-25 00:53:11 UTC
Post by weary flake
I didn't listen. I prefer original mixes, as flat and authentic
as possible.
Don't bother. This is REALLY ugly-sounding shit. Not to mention that
it's illegally pirated ugly-sounding shit.

If you'd like to inform Angelfire that their user is hosting pirated
music, you might shoot an email to ***@lycos-inc.com .
Sharx35
You are a fucking asshole loser.
Uni
2016-10-25 14:55:52 UTC
Post by Sharx35
Post by Nil
Post by weary flake
I didn't listen. I prefer original mixes, as flat and authentic
as possible.
Don't bother. This is REALLY ugly-sounding shit. Not to mention that
it's illegally pirated ugly-sounding shit.
If you'd like to inform Angelfire that their user is hosting pirated
You are a fucking asshole loser.
From a recent e-mail:

"Your version is the best I've heard".

I did do some audio tweaking.

Thank you, Mr. Sharx.

Uni :-)
Nil
Maybe yes, maybe no. But I'm not a thief who steals from artists.
Uni
2016-10-25 20:14:35 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Sharx35
Post by Nil
Post by weary flake
I didn't listen. I prefer original mixes, as flat and authentic
as possible.
Don't bother. This is REALLY ugly-sounding shit. Not to mention that
it's illegally pirated ugly-sounding shit.
If you'd like to inform Angelfire that their user is hosting pirated
You are a fucking asshole loser.
Maybe yes, maybe no. But I'm not a thief who steals from artists.
Yeah, Paul and Ringo steal from John and George!

Uni