Don Williams, Pozo Seco Singers, 78
t***@iwvisp.com
2017-09-08 21:52:49 UTC
http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/don-williams-countrys-gentle-giant-dead-at-78-w501990

Ray Arthur
BobbyM
2017-09-09 04:23:35 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/don-williams-countrys-gentle-giant-dead-at-78-w501990
Ray Arthur
I haven't read the Rolling Stone article but I did see somewhere today
that Williams had passed away. He was maybe the most laid back country
singer there has been & he had quite a string of hits. He had a hit
with Tulsa Time at least a year before Clapton did. Williams was also
the primary male singer of the 60s group, The Pozo Seco Singers. They
are probably best remembered for the female-led songs, "Time" & "I
Believed It All" and "I Can Make It With You", on which Williams had the
lead vocal.

My favorite Pozo Seco song "Excuse Me Dear Martha" (with Williams on
vocal), which was the flip of "I Believed It All".

Excuse Me Dear Martha -

RIP to my fellow Texan, Don Williams.
Tim
2017-11-01 18:58:32 UTC
Post by BobbyM
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/don-williams-countrys-gentle-giant-dead-at-78-w501990
Ray Arthur
I haven't read the Rolling Stone article but I did see somewhere today
that Williams had passed away. He was maybe the most laid back country
singer there has been & he had quite a string of hits. He had a hit
with Tulsa Time at least a year before Clapton did. Williams was also
the primary male singer of the 60s group, The Pozo Seco Singers. They
are probably best remembered for the female-led songs, "Time" & "I
Believed It All" and "I Can Make It With You", on which Williams had the
lead vocal.
My favorite Pozo Seco song "Excuse Me Dear Martha" (with Williams on
vocal), which was the flip of "I Believed It All".
Excuse Me Dear Martha - http://youtu.be/PULk83sOrDA
RIP to my fellow Texan, Don Williams.
Always loved his rendition of Tulsa Time during my C&W phase.
j***@netscape.net
2017-11-02 20:10:37 UTC
Post by Tim
Post by BobbyM
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
[...]
I Believe In You, was better!!

C&W meds?

Uni :-)
Tim
Shit kickin' Hard Liquor!! :)
j***@netscape.net
2017-11-06 06:06:35 UTC
Post by Tim
Post by j***@netscape.net
Post by Tim
Post by BobbyM
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
[...]
Oh, okay!! No Opioid epidemic!!

Funny how Big Pharma is allowed to kill.

Uni :-)
Tim
Big Pharma's physicians have had their hands tied by the DEA for the past 5 years. Blaming big pharma is a orchestrated govt sham intended to divert our attention away from smuggled ovoids from Mexico while legitimately needy patients, for the most part, now go without.
j***@netscape.net
2017-09-12 21:23:26 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/don-williams-countrys-gentle-giant-dead-at-78-w501990
Ray Arthur
Biggest hit - I Believe In You!!!

Uni :-)
t***@iwvisp.com
2017-09-13 01:42:35 UTC
17 Number Ones. Certainly one of the top 3 or 4.

Ray Arthur