Happy Birthday Johnny Tillotson
t***@iwvisp.com
2018-04-20 16:58:39 UTC
Happy 79th Birthday to my friend Johnny Tillotson. In addition to his 1960 million seller "Poetry in Motion," Johnny had a dozen Top 40 hits in the 1960's plus the Theme from TV's Gidgit. Johnny still plays about 100 shows a year and still sings in the same key. Great performer and a great guy.

In 1969 Johnny received an unexpected phone call from Elvis Presley. Elvis was recording an album of Country flavored songs, "From Elvis in Memphis," and he wanted to record a song Johnny had written.
Elvis asked, "But I'd like to change one word in the lyrics if that's okay with you Johnny?"

Johnny replied, "Hell Elvis, you can change the title if you want to!”

Ray Arthur
Ken Whiton
2018-04-21 07:50:11 UTC
*-* On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, at 09:58:39 -0700 (PDT),
*-* In Article <f6222b6d-50db-492f-b512-***@googlegroups.com>,
*-* ***@iwvisp.com wrote
*-* About Happy Birthday Johnny Tillotson
<http://www.45worlds.com/vinyl/album/lsp4155>
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
and he wanted to record a song Johnny had written.
Elvis asked, "But I'd like to change one word in the lyrics if
that's okay with you Johnny?"
Johnny replied, "Hell Elvis, you can change the title if you want
to!"
:-)

Ken Whiton
--