The White Album Unplugged
Dresden Houndiearfums
2017-10-19 08:58:48 UTC

I wonder how good the original tapes sound and how much they could be
cleaned up with today's technology? I've heard rumors of an anniversary
remix release for the White Album, and this would make a great adjunct.
I think the Beatles home demos are some of the most interesting
artifacts from their career.
Nil you could clean the tapes up with your incredible super powers. Just
touching those noisy tapes with your holy fingers will instantly remove
the noise and restore the tapes to the condition they were in 50 years ago.

As long as Apple knows that you think these demos are so interesting
they will do anything they can to release them because they value your
informed opinion so highly. Nobody else knows more about the Beatles and
has so much influence over mere mortals than you, oh great Nil.
Dresden Houndiearfums
2017-10-19 23:18:57 UTC
http://youtu.be/4e1cEw-SZeE
Thanks for posting this.
Is there a bar of 5/4 in the chorus of "Bungalow Bill"? Never
noticed it before.
I guess it's one of those experiments that they decided against after
giving it a shot. It does feel kind of awkward. The background singers
couldn't quite get it, either, toward the end.
If only you were there Nil to lend your superior musical abilities to
the background singers. Just think about how much better everything
would have turned out with your knowledge and guidance to guide those
mere mortals with your brilliance.
Dresden Houndiearfums
2017-10-26 16:31:45 UTC
From what I hear even the old tapes from the earlier sessions are
in a very good shape. AFAIK they used Ampex tapes (anyone can
confirm that?) but for some reason the boxes were labelled "EMI
TAPE".
Oh Nil you are truly wonderful for giving us this link from your throne
in the sky. The vast knowledge and gravitas you possess in all things
Beatles just makes life worth living here on the planet. We are not
worthy to pick your nose.