Good 1994 McCartney interview
Dresden Houndiearfums
2018-02-03 22:02:14 UTC
Nothing really new, exactly, but Paul seems full of energy and
having fun talking about music from his perspective as a bass
player.
Nil you are so wonderful and caring to be sharing this information to we
the unwashed masses. Thank you so much for looking out for us and
telling us how much more Beatley you are than everyone else here.
Wir Munchen Liebschoen
2018-02-04 13:20:28 UTC
Nothing really new, exactly, but Paul seems full of energy and
having fun talking about music from his perspective as a bass
player.
https://reverb.com/news/interview-paul-mccartney-on-his-life-as-a-bassist
I remember this interview from way back, but don't recall the source.
Now one can find pictures of the gold-painted double bass; it's not as hideous as one would think.
I remember Paul's line that they persuaded Stu to buy a bass "over cappuccino." I wonder how Mona Best acquired an espresso machine.
More seriously, why were they so intent in having Stu -- a talented visual artist, but one with no musical ability -- in the band? Were they still at the stage where friendship was more important than musical ability? Was the bass still considered the "lame guy's" instrument?
What incredibly stupid and ignorant questions. However you are doing an
admirable job taking over for Jeffie in that regard. You're not much of
a Beatles fan, but you are a twit.